- Feeling overwhelmed or stressed looking at your inbox – email fatigue – Inbox over 100… 1000, 10000?
- New emails constantly
- Checking emails constantly
- Remove email fatigue – get your inbox down under 100, down to 10, down to 0 – out of sight, out of mind
- Reduce number of emails
- Stop checking emails constantly
- Get them outta there!
- Archive all – start fresh, sort through when you have time
- In it’s right place – File or Label – like a filing cabinet
- If you really need it for reference – Archive
- Be Ruthless – Delete or Trash
- Unsubscribe from any mailing list you don’t need – be merciless, don’t just delete it will just come back again
- Add tasks to your to do list or system – make it a task/to-do – archive or file
- If it will take 2 minutes, just do it now
- Get strict!
- Set strict time to tend to emails – stick to it!
- Educate others when you will check emails
- Don’t email files back and forth, use a solid file system like Dropbox/Google Drive